[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora DS installation on Ubuntu Dapper Drake

Olivier Brugman olivier at pref.nl
Fri Jun 16 10:34:33 UTC 2006

Rob Crittenden schreef:

> but I have a question: Is there a reason you used a silent install
> to set things? Did running it interactively not work? I just want to get
> the page right.

Running it interactively (on Debian and Ubuntu) and then choosing the '2
- Typical' install mode) one comes to the point the installer tries to
locate the Apache modules, then it returns:

Unable to locate Apache modules in
/modules
.
Press any key to continue.

In fact, the Apache modules are here on the system:

root at helix:/opt/fedora-ds/setup# ls -lsa /usr/lib/apache2/
total 28
  4 drwxr-xr-x  3 root root     4096 2006-06-15 11:05 .
  8 drwxr-xr-x 38 root root     8192 2006-06-15 12:02 ..
  4 drwxr-xr-x  2 root root     4096 2006-06-15 11:05 modules

However if one adds 'ApacheRoot=   /usr/lib/apache2' to the [admin]
section of an install.inf and one runs a silent install afterwards,
there seems to be no problem.

Regards,
Olivier

PS Tnx. for the modifications on the Wiki.
You might want to remove the double lines regarding the termcap-compat,
libc5 and ldso packages on the WiKi and instead add that on Ubuntu
Dapper you have to install these packages yourself (sudo dpkg -i
namepackage.deb).