[Fedora-directory-users] admin-serv error log

Jeff Gamsby JFGamsby at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 20 16:44:17 UTC 2006

Jeff Gamsby
Center for X-Ray Optics
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
(510) 486-7783

Richard Megginson wrote:
> Jeff Gamsby wrote:
>>

>> Richard Megginson wrote:

>>> This usually means reverse DNS is not working.

>>> Following the SSL howto at
>>> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SSL ?
>>
>> Yes, but instead of creating an admin-serv-<serverID>- I copied the
>> slapd-<serverID>- cert db's over.
>> It is true that I can use these same certs?
> I think so, but I've never tried it that way.
>>
>> I tried creating the admin certs db's seperately and importing the CA
>> cert, but that did't work either.
>>
>> I had this working a few weeks ago, I'm not sure what has changed.
> What, if anything, has changed?
I blew away the server and started over. When I had password sync
problems with AD, I reinstalled the server several times. Each time I
reinstall, I delete the /opt/fedora-ds directory.

I don't really care about the admin console in SSL mode, I can use the
Linux console or X, but I need the Sync agreements to run SSL in both
directions, and so far, the only way I been able to establish that is
when the admin console is in SSL mode. Unless there is another way.