[Fedora-directory-users] Group syncing question

Jeff Gamsby JFGamsby at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 21 18:10:37 UTC 2006

OK, next problem. User sync is working great.

I'm trying to migrate groups from OpenLDAP to FDS, then sync them to AD.
I can do this, but there are a few issues:

1) Groups must live in the ou=people container in order to be synced.
       a) getent group works, but running "id" as LDAP user does not
2) AD expects the full dn name in the uniqueMember attribute, or it does
not add the "uniquemember"
      a) will that work on the FDS side if I do something like
"uniquemember: cn=blah,ou=people,dc=blah..."?
      a) I get this in the logs "map_dn_values: no local entry found for
username" where username is a uniquemember value

Is this how it's supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff