[Fedora-directory-users] SSL problems/questions for Fedora DS 1.02

Dellwo, Martin J. [NCSUS] MDELLWO at ncsus.jnj.com
Thu Jun 22 16:51:23 UTC 2006

Hello,

How can one start up Fedora directory (1.02) server instances when one is
using SSL?  Can it be configured to read the security database password from
a file?  I believe it may have given me the option initially and I did not
take advantage of it, so I am particularly wondering how to set up automatic
startup (with no password prompt) after it is already set up to prompt.

Right now, I have slapd running with SSL turned on, but could not restart
the admin server after turning it on.  I was able to edit two admin server
configuration files to turn it back off for the admin server, so now I can
start it without SSL.  Any pointers to detailed documentation for using SSL
with admin server?

I also now have a new problem where I cannot open the 'Manage Certificates'
task for the directory server (slapd) instance itself.  In the admin server
http logs I get this error

[Thu Jun 22 11:56:06 2006] [notice] [client 10.24.224.137]
admserv_host_ip_check: ap_get_remote_host could not resolve xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Even though xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the local server (both
where slapd is running and where I am running the console from). It is
properly defined in both the local /etc/hosts and in DNS.  At the same time,
the console gives a pop-up error, "org.mozilla.ssl.SSLSocketException:
SSL_ForceHandshake failed: (-5938) Encountered end of file."

Since I think this could be related to an out-of-date certificate CRL, how
can one import new CRLs using command line tools?

Thanks,
  Marty

--
Martin J. Dellwo