[Fedora-directory-users] Setting up multi-master via thecommand-line

mj at sci.fi mj at sci.fi
Mon Jun 26 18:24:40 UTC 2006

Joe Sheehan <triswimjoe at hotmail.com> kirjoitti:
> Not at all - I can download it and I was just going to test it out today for
> my systems.
> I was just trying to automate the install of everything off the default
> install so I was just curious if there were other ways.

You can write LDIF files to configure the replication, and use the included ldapmodify tool. In my automated installations, I generate these LDIFs from parsed configuration files. It's quite a lot of work.

The mmr.pl tool is seen as a blessing by nearly everybody who has ever tried to setup MMR by hand. I wrote it because I got tired of taking 10 minutes to setup a replication testbed, over and over again.

BR,
--
mike

http://www.netauth.com