[Fedora-directory-users] Referrals break everything ...

Pete Rowley prowley at redhat.com
Thu Jun 29 18:56:45 UTC 2006

Philip Kime wrote:
> I am running the latest Fedora-DS and trying to use nss_ldap. I have
> to migrate an older LDAP server onto the Fedora-DS but keep
> temporarily the old tree structure for all current LDAP clients.
This is a classic use case for Virtual DIT Views, the advantage over
referrals being that it works with clients that don't follow referrals.
As long as the entries contain the information required to do so, any
DIT structure can be created virtually - so you're old DIT can exist at
the same as your new one.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/deploy/7.1/dit.html#1005889