[Fedora-directory-users] New filesystem layout for directory server and admin server files

Kimmo Koivisto koippa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 20:44:02 UTC 2006

Richard Megginson wrote:
> In order to be more linux friendly, we are currently considering
> changing the layout from having everything under /opt/fedora-ds to
> putting files in their FHS specific paths.  The details are here -
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/FHS_Packaging

How about default schema files under /etc/schema, are these files common to
all instaces or just skeleton files that are used when new instance is
created?

Having fixed directory for common schema files would be nice, easier to add
and remove custom schema files.

> I've heard some pretty strong opinions for both moving to this and
> sticking to the current packaging model.  I'd like to open this debate
> up to the wider audience.

My opinion, let's move to the new layout.

BR
Kimmo