[Fedora-directory-users] Referrals break everything ...

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Fri Jun 30 21:42:10 UTC 2006

> PADL (usually in /etc/ldap.conf):
> referrals yes

Many thanks for both replies ...

This looked good but I tried it and I still get the same error in
syslog. Hmm. The binds are all anonymous and work fine so there doesn't
seem to be a bind DN issue.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/deploy/7.1/dit.html#100588
9

Ah - this is more what I wanted but it appears that you can't do Virtual
DITs from roots - has to be from an OU, for example, which is annoying
since that means I have to create a new datbase for the old dc=x,dc=y
and create an OU so I can create a virtual DIT view. What a game! I just
want to redirect all queries for one thing somewhere else ...