[Fedora-directory-users] SASL Mappings

Rob See rob at rsee.net
Wed May 17 20:13:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

    I'm working on getting SASL up and running with FDS 1.0.2 and have
run into some problems. It seems that the SASL Mappings are being
completely ignored.

Here is my setup:

Kerberos domain of SUB.BLAH.EDU
Ldap entry for uid=rob,ou=People,dc=sub,dc=blah,dc=edu

This is the map entry (the only map entry that I have):

# map1, mapping, sasl, config
dn: cn=map1,cn=mapping,cn=sasl,cn=config
objectClass: top
objectClass: nsSaslMapping
cn: map1
nsSaslMapRegexString: (.*)/admin at .*
nsSaslMapBaseDNTemplate: uid=\1,ou=People,dc=sub,dc=blah,dc=edu
nsSaslMapFilterTemplate: (objectclass=*)

I've restarted the service which doesn't seem to fix it.

When I kinit with rob/admin, running ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI gets the
following error:
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
        additional info: SASL(-14): authorization failure:

when I kinit with rob, it works without a problem

Does anyone have any suggestions, or have I run into a bug of some sort ?

Also is there any way to turn up the log level to get more info ?

Thanks,
-Rob