[Fedora-directory-users] Need a replica on sles10

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Nov 1 15:39:59 UTC 2006

John Griffin-Wiesner wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need to set up a replica server for a SLES10 environment which
> will connect to a FDS master.  I would prefer to do this one of
> two ways:
>
> 1) Build/install FDS on SLES10; or
> 2) Have openldap's slurpd talk to the master FDS, and then use
> openldap slapd on the SLES10 box to serve ldap.
>

> I've seen in the archives that someone had dsbuild working on
> SLES9 last December, but then he was unable to get it to
> setup/run properly.  Has anyone succeded with this on either
> SLES9 or SLES10?

Have you tried it with fds103 -
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/sources/dsbuild-fds103.tar.gz

First, read the Building page, and make sure you have all of the
pre-requisites installed.  There are a lot of them . . .
> I haven't given slurpd a try yet.  Does anyone know if it is
> compatible with FDS?

It just might work.  slurpd is a push model (not the pull model of
syncrepl in newer openldap's), and if it just uses plain old ldap
add/mod/del operations to push the changes, then it just might work.