[Fedora-directory-users] Alternatives to Windows sync?

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Fri Nov 3 01:51:16 UTC 2006

Philip Kime wrote:

> I've been trying to get Windows sync installed but it's going to be
> impossibel as it means enabling password complexity policies in a
> large domain and that isn't going to happen. Does anyone know of any
> alternatives to this? I know this is desperate since you have to have
> the plain-text password in order to do this right?

Right. There are products that get around this issue by not sync'ing
passwords.
Instead they proxy failed bind requests to AD and if the bind succeeds
they come
to the conclusion that the password has changed and store the new value.
It's possible however that someone has a patent on this technique.