[Fedora-directory-users] Single Sign On

Gordon May gordon.may at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 15:25:27 UTC 2006

David,

Thanks for all the info. When I say SSO I mean true SSO. User enters
name and password once and has access to everything for the rest of
the day. What I was thinking of was to use Kerberos as the password
database and FDS as the user info database (ie name, address, company,
etc) and thats why FDS will need to ask Kerberos if a user supplied
the proper credentials. I dont want any passwords stored in FDS that
way when a user changes there password it only needs to be done in one
place.

Last night I setup Kerberos and FDS SASL and everything seems to be
working fine. I also tried setting up the PAM Passthrough Plugin but
that failed. I might give it another try tonight. Its starting to look
like it might be more trouble then its worth though.

I've played with Phpldapadmin in the past but it not exactly the tool
I'm looking for. I'm looking for something which can manage Kerberos
and LDAP at the same time. I havent been able to find any such tool so
I guess i'll either have to customize phpldapadmin or start from
scratch.

Gordon