[Fedora-directory-users] pk12util error

Thomas Kwan nkwan at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 16:23:59 UTC 2006

are you sure you have the certificate (and key) named Server-Cert?
You can check by doing a certutil -d . -P slapd-myserver- -L in
the alias directory.

I just created an empty security database, and did a pk12util.
It correctly reported your error.

---
[root at cseng tmp]# certutil -d . -N
Enter a password which will be used to encrypt your keys.
The password should be at least 8 characters long,
and should contain at least one non-alphabetic character.

Enter new password:
Re-enter password:
[root at cseng tmp]# pk12util -d . -o a.p12 -n Server-Cert
Enter Password or Pin for "NSS Certificate DB":
pk12util: find user certs from nickname failed: security library: bad
database.
---

thomas