[Fedora-directory-users] Replica has no update vector.

Glenn glenn at mail.txwes.edu
Thu Nov 16 22:45:14 UTC 2006

I'm still trying to get Windows Sync to work in my Red Hat DS 7.1SP3
evaluation.  I have configured multi-master replication, because I want any
changes made on either system to be replicated to the other system.  As soon
as I create the new Windows Sync Agreement, the DS error log begins to
record this error message every few seconds:

NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=ldap-ad-5" (AD-servername:636): Replica has
no update vector.  It has never been initialized.

So I figure, fine, I'll just initialize it, and I right-click the sync
agreement in the DS console and click "Initiate Full Re-syncronization",
because that's the only thing on the menu that resembles what the manual
says should be there.

Then the log reports:

NSMMReplicationPlugin - Beginning total update of replica "agmt=cn=ldap-ad-
5" (AD-servername:636)".

After this, the log continues to fill with the "no update vector" messages.
There is no further mention of the initialization in the log, but the
Replication Status window reports a "Last consumer init. update" message:

Total update aborted LDAP error: Operations error. Error Code: 1

The status window also says the last consumer initialization ended 16
seconds after it began.

I have tried redoing the sync agreement several times, and restarted the
admin and ds servers and rebooted the machine.  What else can I do?
Thanks.   -Glenn.