[Fedora-directory-users] SASL/Kerberos5 question

koniczynek koniczynek at uaznia.net
Fri Nov 17 17:37:26 UTC 2006

Hello,
I'm fairly new to the FDS (one week maybe). Earlier I've been using
OpenLDAP and now I want to migrate from OL to FDS. Everything looks
great (schema conversion and ldif transfer) but I have one problem. Old
setup was constructed more or less that the passwords weren't stored in
LDAP but in Kerberos and in 'userPassword' field in clear text was
'uid at REALM.INT'
Now when using FDS I can't find any configuration option, that would
make it possible to use Kerberos for storing passwords and still to use
FDS to authenticate user. Maybe SASL Mappings are for that and you only
have to configure them right. Is there anyone who knows how to do it?
Thanks in advance.

email/xmpp: koniczynek at uaznia.net