[Fedora-directory-users] Authentication through Active Directory

Joerg Schoppet joerg at schoppet.de
Tue Nov 28 14:28:55 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm in an account of a bigger company, which uses Microsoft Active
Directory for User Management and Authentication.
Now we need to save some additional information for a subset of all
employees, but the AD-Administrators do not want to include the required
attributes in the company ad. Our plan is now to install "Fedora
Directory Server" to hold these additional information. The users, which
uses a special application, should now connect to this server to
retrieve the necessary information, but the authentication should stay
in the AD.

Is it possible, and if yes how, to configure "Fedora Directory Server"
to pass the authentication information to the AD and only let the
specific user bind to the directory server if the AD-Authentication is OK?

Thanks in advance

Joerg Schoppet