[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Sync Error

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 17:09:32 UTC 2006

Glenn wrote:
> I'm still trying to get my evaluation copy of Red Hat Directory Server
> 7.1SP3 to sync with Windows Active Directory.  The latest hitch is an error
> message following an initial re-synchronization attempt.  The Directory
> Server has a few hundred users imported from a Windows NT domain.  The
> Active Directory server has none of those users, so the initial re-sync
> should add them to AD.  The error occurs when Windows Sync tries to add the
> first user entry to the Active Directory.  The message is:
>
> Attempting to add entry cn=John Doe,ou=Domain Users,dc=ad,dc=example,dc=com
> to AD for local entry uid=jdoe,ou=people,o=ourorg.com
>
> Followed by:
>
> (ADserver:636): Received result code 21 (00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C090B38,
> comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, vece) for add
> operation

Error 21 is
#define LDAP_INVALID_SYNTAX             0x15    /* 21 */

So AD thinks one of the attributes sent over has an invalid value that
doesn't correspond to the syntax it is expecting, or something like
that. It might be helpful if you post the LDIF of the entry it has
problems with, being careful to obscure any private data.