[Fedora-directory-users] RPM/SRPM issues and old RHEL

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 13:57:41 UTC 2006

Oliver Hookins wrote:
> On Fri Jul 07, 2006 at 09:10:32 -0600, Richard Megginson wrote:
>

>> It's going to be a few weeks until we have a buildable srpm.  In the
>> meantime, I suggest you try
>> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Building#One-Step_Build
>>

> Has any progress been made on the srpm packages? I have been skimming the
> list traffic and nothing has caught my eye.

We're still working on it (funny how a few weeks has become many weeks :-P

We are making progress.  Note that the next major (i.e. not patch)
release of the product will use discrete RPM packaging, and each
discrete RPM will have a buildable SRPM.
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Discrete_Packaging