[Fedora-directory-users] Replication errors: "Incremental Update Failed"

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 15:15:14 UTC 2006

Chris St. Pierre wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Richard Megginson wrote:
>

>> Do you have another master?  If so, just perform a replica initialization
>> (using the console).
>>

> We've got three other masters, but we don't use the console -- or have
> X installed or heads on the machines.  Can this be done from the CLI,
> maybe with mmr.pl?

Not sure about mmr.pl, but yes, this can be done via ldapmodify.
First, you have to find the DN of the replication agreement from another
master to the one you want to initialize.
ldapsearch -x -h othermaster -D "cn=directory manager" -w password -s
sub -b cn=config "objectclass=nsDS5ReplicationAgreement" cn
nsDS5ReplicaHost nsDS5ReplicaPort
There may be several, you'll have to figure out which one goes to the
master you want to initialize

Next, use ldapmodify to start the repl init:
ldapmodify -x -h othermaster -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
dn: dn of the repl agreement
changetype: modify
replace: nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh
nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh: start

Then check the error logs for both masters to see when repl init is
completed.