[Fedora-directory-users] Need Pointers For Migrating To FDS from NIS

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Tue Oct 10 17:44:29 UTC 2006

Vadim,
This is a pretty big topic.
Gary Tay has put together some docs that are a great starting point:
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~garyttt/

Sun's docs regarding Solaris clients will also be useful for you:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4556

One other thing:

> My goal is to migrate my Solaris and Linux machines onto the AD
> structure for user, group, hosts, networks and netgroups map use
> (perhaps other maps later).

If you mean that you will be using AD as your directory server, you
won't necessarily need to run a separate directory server like FDS.

Good luck!