[Fedora-directory-users] how to set up Fedora Ds on a multinetwork host

Sergey Ivanov seriv at omniti.com
Wed Oct 25 17:15:37 UTC 2006

I have a little problem with this advice.
I have installed fedora-ds rpm, then configured admin server and first
directory server to listen for local network and populated it with data.
With nsslapd-listenhost and nsslapd-securelistenhost I binded this
directory server to listen at this particular IP only.
Then, using Fedora Management Console, I created new instance of
directory server. When creating, it was listening on 0.0.0.0 at
different port.
When I have added bindning to external IP address by adding
nsslapd-listenhost and nsslapd-securelistenhost to it's config/dse.ldif,
I got into problem with communication between Fedora Management Console
and this new server. I can stop/start it with command line, and see that
it is binding to IP addresses correctly. I can do ldapsearch in this new
server from internet by this IP and port. But Fedora Management Console,
as I'm guessing, is still looking for this server to appear at local
network. So, it can not start/stop/connect it and reporting it as "Stopped".
May be, there is some attribute to add to
NetscapeRoot/{mydomain}/{myhost}/Server Group/Fedora Directory
Server/slapd-{newname} to change expectation of Admin server about this
newly created Directory Server? How to find out, which attribute it can be?
--
	Sergey.