[Fedora-directory-users] Use of NetGroups breaks local logins

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Thu Oct 26 22:47:16 UTC 2006

> On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 12:41 -0400, Kyle Tucker wrote:
> > > I came across this issue (those are my notes ;)
> > >
> > > /etc/pamd./crond should contain
> > > auth       sufficient pam_rootok.so

This line was there.

> > > Try adding an account line as well
> > > /etc/pam.d/crond
> > > account sufficient pam_rootok.so

I added this one.

> Add to access.netgroup.conf:
> +:root:
> this will clear up the root access issue.

So root can indeed log in now. But this doesn't seem righ that I
should have to add any local user that needs access to this file.

I also get this error now in /var/log/secure.

Oct 26 18:01:01 lin2600 crond[28799]: PAM unable to resolve symbol:
pam_sm_acct_mgmt

I will play will the PAM directives and see if I can get things
better. Thanks.

--
- Kyle