[Fedora-directory-users] Regarding Fedora Clients Authentication to FDS

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 05:18:13 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I have been trying for many days in getting a fedora machine authenticated
via FDS and I am not able to. As far as I see, all the options in
nsswitch.conf, system-auth pam file and ldap.conf are proper and the nss too
mapped in ldap.conf. I have also selected the Password as Unix Crypt
Password in the Directory Server. Moreover, I used authconfig to change the
Authentication type.

I am not sure why my machine is not fetching user names from FDS. And, if i
do a ldapsearch as, ldapserach -x -b "dc=fdsdomain,dc=com" from the fedora
machine, i am able to get all the ldap details.

I would be happy if anyone could help me. I am struggling for the past 3
days :(

Thanks,

--
Regards,