[Fedora-directory-users] FDS-ADS Sync

Kris S. Amundson krisa at opensourcery.com
Thu Apr 5 23:13:28 UTC 2007

So I got the Windows Sync Agreement working.

Windows side:
cn=Users,dc=foo,dc=org

FDS side:
ou=Users,l=Portland,c=US,dc=foo,dc=org

SSL certs are properly exchanged between the two, user passwords sync
correctly, and accounts removed or added on either side are sync'd
correctly.

Then suddenly less than 24hrs later, users on the ADS side suddenly
start being removed from email distribution groups.  Client panics and
shuts down the FDS server, which appears to be the only change in the
last few days.  The accounts had been stable for much time.

Aside from asking the obvious of what would cause this, I'm curious
where I should start hunting (log level tweaks.. ADS logs, etc).

Here are some errors I found on the ADS side.  These might be the client
correcting the errors, not the original error itself:

errors:[04/Apr/2007:09:44:53 -0700] - add value
"uid=Finintern,ou=Users,l=Portland,c=US, dc=foo,dc=org" to
attribute type "uniqueMember" in entry
"cn=FINANCE,ou=Users,l=Portland,c=US, dc=foo,dc=org" failed:
value exists

errors:[04/Apr/2007:10:54:53 -0700] - add value
"uid=Finintern,ou=Users,l=Portland,c=US, dc=foo,dc=org" to
attribute type "uniqueMember" in entry
"cn=MAS90,ou=Users,l=Portland,c=US, dc=foo,dc=org" failed: value
exists

errors:[04/Apr/2007:11:54:53 -0700] - add value
"uid=sharrison,ou=Users,l=Portland,c=US, dc=foo,dc=org" to
attribute type "uniqueMember" in entry "cn=Raisers
Edge,ou=Users,l=Portland,c=US, dc=foo,dc=org" failed: value exists

--
Kris S. Amundson
Founder, CIO                   GPG Key: D6D39F2C