[Fedora-directory-users] Error viewing Encryption settings tab

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 15:24:07 UTC 2007

Philip Kime wrote:
> When I click the Encryption tab in the Configuration page for one of
> our FDS 1.0.2 servers, I get this popup error:
>
> org.mozilla.jss.ssl.SSLSocketException: Unable to connect (-5981)
> Connection refused by peer
>
> And the cipher/cert section is missing on the page after I click OK on
> this dialog. We had some issues with this server recently, refusing to
> serve LDAP after its nightly restarts. Any ideas?
ls -al /opt/fedora-ds/alias
Also, check admin-serv/config/adm.conf and shared/config/dbswitch.conf -
the former should list the port used by the admin server, and the latter
should list the LDAP URL (ldap or ldaps) for your configuration DS.
Then check the various SSL configuration settings mentioned here -
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL#Console_SSL_Information