[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora Directory Service and Java error

BAPPA MALLICK bappa_tapas at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 11:18:06 UTC 2007

Dear List,

I am very new in FDS and install my first FDS server
on my RHEL-4 ES system. The installation goes smooth
and I am able to start the FDS and Administration
server.

But the problem arises when I try to open FD console,
I have googled net and found one related topic at
"http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/JPackage_Java_for_FC4".
But I found the instruction is premative and all the
specified files are not there. Below is the screen
dump of the error I am getting. If you please give me
the detail instruction, it will be a lifesaver for me.
Warning: -ms8m not understood. Ignoring.
Warning: -mx64m not understood. Ignoring.

Exception in thread main java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
method com.netscape.mana
gement.client.util.RemoteImage.setImage was not found.
   at _Jv_ResolvePoolEntry(java.lang.Class,

int) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at
com.netscape.management.client.util.RemoteImage.RemoteImage(java.lang.Stri
ng) (Unknown Source)
   at
com.netscape.management.nmclf.SuiLookAndFeel.initComponentDefaults(javax.s
wing.UIDefaults) (Unknown Source)
   at
com.netscape.management.nmclf.SuiLookAndFeel.getDefaults()

(Unknown Source )
   at javax.swing.UIManager.put(java.lang.Object,
java.lang.Object) (/usr/lib/li bgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at
com.netscape.management.client.components.FontFactory.initializeLFFonts()
(Unknown Source)
   at
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.common_init(java.lang.Strin
g)
(Unknown Source)
   at
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.Console(java.lang.String,
j ava.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang .String)
(Unknown Source)
   at
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.main(java.lang.String[])
(Unknown Source)

Regards,

Tapas Mallick
bappa_tapas at yahoo.com