[Fedora-directory-users] Dublicated entries appears, the initialization don't finish its work

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Wed Aug 29 02:14:20 UTC 2007

> My questions are:
> 1) Why have the duplicated entries with other kind of DNs spring up?
> These duplicated entries continue to appear again, but they are not
> desired. I need to know how to clear duplicates in order to such
> additions to be avoided.
> 2) Why the full replica initialization fall into such a cyclic
> recurrence and do not finish its work.
Dude -- 5 million entries sync'ed ??! If I had a big bell here I'd go
ring it.

So anyway, my suggestion is to first get the thing working with a more
managable
number of entries -- no more than 100. That'll allow you to more easily
see what's up.
I suspect that the DN mapping scheme that Windows sync uses isn't
matching up with
your DIT correctly, hence the duplicated entries.

This message I believe is benign : [28/Aug/2007:11:36:45 +0100] -
slapi_str2entry: flags=0x0, entry="dn:
CN=<something>,OU=<org.unit>,DC=<domain>,DC=<top domain>
you're seeing it presumably because you turned up the logging verbosity.

If you can, just begin with entires only on one side and let winsync
make the copies,
rather than attempting to 'join' two sets of existing entries.