[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Floating poing exception in Fedora DS installation

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 14:58:30 UTC 2007

Ratnakar Sagare wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply. I checked on my system once again but no success yet.
>
> I have ncurses-5.4-13 and libtermcap-2.0.8-39 installed on my system.
>
> The error is coming right away and no dialog box for using existing config
> is seen.
>
> I tried with strace command also & here's the output of trace.out file which
> I have created
>
> --------------------------START---------------------------------------------
> execve("bin/slapd/admin/bin/ns-config", ["bin/slapd/admin/bin/ns-config",
> "-f", "/tmp/a.inf", "-l", "/tmp/logA15446", "-m", "2"], [/* 24 vars */]) = 0
> uname({sys="Linux", node="<my system's FQDN>", ...}) = 0
> brk(0)                                  = 0x9841000
> --- SIGFPE (Floating point exception) @ 0 (0) ---
> +++ killed by SIGFPE +++

What it should do next is load /etc/ld.so.preload, then load all of the
shared libraries and their dependencies.  Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH
set?  If so, try without it.  I would suggest looking at the output of
ldconfig -p, but I'm not really sure what to look for.

Is it possible you are attempting to run a 64bit binary on a 32bit
system?  Or vice versa, though that should work.  One thing about
ns-config is that it is a C++ program, so perhaps there is some sort of
C++ compat layer missing?