[Fedora-directory-users] While re-craeting a SSL certificate I get this error

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Dec 4 23:36:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

A while back I started the get FDS up and going and it appears I made a
mistake in the server generation file for the SSl certs, basically I did
this,

../shared/bin/certutil -S -n "Server-Cert" -s \
"cn=vuw.ac.nz" -c "CA certificate" -t "u,u,u" -m 1001 -v \
120 -d . -z noise.txt -f pwdfile.txt

When I should have done this,

../shared/bin/certutil -S -n "Server-Cert" -s \
"cn=vuwunicvfdsm001.vuw.ac.nz" -c "CA certificate" -t "u,u,u" -m 1001 -v
\
120 -d . -z noise.txt -f pwdfile.txt

So now I am working back through my notes to fix my mistake but at this
command,

../shared/bin/certutil -A -d . -P admin-serv-vuwunicvfdsm001- -n "CA
certificate" -t "CT,," -a -i cacert.asc

I get this error,

========
certutil-bin: could not obtain certificate from file: You are attempting
to import a cert with the same issuer/serial as an existing cert, but
that is not the same cert.
[root at vuwunicvfdsm001 alias]#
========

How do I fix this please?

regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San/Vmware System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington
Phone: +64 4 463 6272