[Fedora-directory-users] (no subject)

audunroe at tihlde.org audunroe at tihlde.org
Wed Dec 12 08:53:34 UTC 2007

> audunroe at tihlde.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to install Fedora DS 1.0.4-1. Tried using both
>> fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL3.i386.opt.rpm  and
>> fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL4.i386.opt.rpm.
>>
> What OS are you using?  32bit or 64bit?

Oops. I seem to have forgotten that tidbit of vital information (as well
as a subject). The platform is 64 bit - just verified. I didn't set up the
box myself so I initially tested with the 32 bit binaries because I
thought that would be playing it safe. The specific distribution is, I
believe, Red Hat. To be specific, dmesg output says Red Hat 4.1.2-14.

<snip>
>> I can now connect to the ldap-server with an ldap-browser, but as you
>> can
>> see, the admin server doesn't launch properly. If I then try to re-run
>> the
>> start-admin script, I get the following errs:
>>
>> ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libssl3.so' from
>> LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>> ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libldap60.so' from
>> LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>> httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 151 of
>> /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot load
>> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into server:
>> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: wrong ELF class:
>> ELFCLASS32

I've now tested the RHEL4 x86_64 rpms. The errmsg is different, but the
outcome pretty much the same. The startup-script post-install fails in
just the same way, but I get a slightly different error (but for the same
library) when running the start-admin script:

httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 151 of
/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into server:
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: undefined symbol:
apr_filename_of_pathname

Just like before, the ldap server itself starts without incident and I'm
still able to connect to the ldap server itself using an ldap-browser.

--
Regards,
Audun