[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP Accounts for large website

Satish Chetty satish at suburbia.org.au
Thu Dec 13 20:42:15 UTC 2007

Jared,
	I would check to see if the problem if it is on the LDAP or  website.
Ex. LDAP response may be good from the ldap host using ldapsearch.
However the LDAP response by the ldap plugin/api from the
webserver/appserver may not.

Some additional steps I would do...
* Run the ldap query using ldapsearch on the ldap host and then machine
on same subnet and then from webserver/appserver machine. Both with and
without website load. This will help me identify if the problem is on
the network or LDAP server itself or load.

* Check on indexing, number of concurrent requests when server is fully
loaded, FDs, swap space, TCP/IP settings etc. The load may be high
enough that you need additional replicas or even masters. With
additional masters you need to be watchful on how load balancing works
when writing to different masters.

-Satish.