[Fedora-directory-users] Problem with nsview hierarchy

Fabrice Durand oeufdure at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:33:26 UTC 2007

Hi,
i've got a problem with my nsview organizationalunit hierarchy, and i don't
understand what's wrong.
I use my nsview hierarchie to organize my flat user OU
(ou=People,dc=test,dc=com). All user have an departmentNumber that i use to
filter with nsviewfilter.

The problem is that when a script search all OU in the hierarchy, the
serveur doesn't return all the OU. (perl script, php script).
I put an ldif file of my directory (ou=annuaire,dc=test,dc=com) and the
script i use , to understand what happen.
An exemple when i search with a filter "objectClass=organizationalUnit" in
ou=annuaire,dc=test,dc=com, fedora directory server return only 17 entries.
When i modify the entry ou=annuaire,dc=test,dc=com (delete the value of
nsviewfilter and delete objectclass=nsview), the serveur return all the
entries(45), but all the users disepeared.

I really don't understand what's wrong, sometime when i change an "OU" name,
the number of return entries changes.

If you have an explanation, thank you in advance.

Fabrice Durand