[Fedora-directory-users] admin command lines for Fedora DS

Ryan Braun Ryan.Braun at ec.gc.ca
Wed Dec 19 15:42:53 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 18 December 2007 10:38 pm, dandantheitman wrote:
> On 18/12/2007, Namachivayam <npurusothaman at perisoftware.com> wrote:
> > Hi Dan,
> >           For adding users (with Posix Attributes), changing the
> > userpassword, we are using these scripts :
> > _For creating users with Posix Attribute :_
> > create a file for example with the content :
>
> <snip>
>
> Hi Namachivayan,
> Thanks for your help.  What I need to do is figure out a way to use
> ldapadd rather than using the ldif file as I would like automate the
> UID generation.

I found this objectClass in samba somewhere,  it's basically just an object
that holds a gidNumber and a uidNumber value.  When my add_user script runs,
it will first find this object,  grab the values,  create the user,  then
increment them as needed.

objectClasses: ( UnixIdPool-oid NAME 'UnixIdPool' SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST ( cn
  $ gidNumber $ uidNumber ) X-ORIGIN 'user defined' )

Ryan