[Fedora-directory-users] nsslapd-idletimeout does not seem to work

Anthony Mizon amizon at saviso.com
Fri Dec 21 10:10:38 UTC 2007

Hi

Im hoping this question has not been asked before but I cant find the
mailing list archives to confirm .. do they exist?

Anyway .. I am trying to close down idle client connections that have
been idle for 30 minutes a quick check of the directory server admin
guide and the code confirms that a setting for nsslapd-idletimeout: 1800
should do the trick under cn=config.  Not so it seems!

I am expecting to see the socket closed down after 30 minutes of
inactivity .. I can confirm that this is not taking place with a simple
tcp dump running on the directory server machine.

Have I misunderstood what this option does?

Many thanks

Anthony

--

Anthony Mizon, <amizon at saviso.com>