[Fedora-directory-users] Windows 2003 synchronization considering OU

Christian A. Rodriguez car at cespi.unlp.edu.ar
Fri Dec 21 21:12:03 UTC 2007

Hi everybody, I have the following Scenario:
I have to synchronize users in Active Directory with my Fedora
Directory considering an organizational tree representing our
departments.
For example:
Active Directory Tree to synchronize:
-------------------------------------
ou=Users
   +ou=IT
     (users from IT department)
   +ou=Development
     (users from Development department)
   +ou=Security
     (users from Security department)

Then when I create the Windows Sync Agreement to synchronize ou=Users
in ADS with a tree of FDS, lets say ou=Active Directory, with the
given configuration:
* DS Host: fds.example.com:389
* Windows Host: ads.example.com:636
* DS Subtree: ou=Active Directory,dc=example,dc=com
* Windows Subtree: ou=Users,dc=example-ads,dc=com
* Replicated Subtree: ou=Active Directory,dc=example,dc=com

The problem I have is that the synchronization process only works when
I manually create the Organizational Units manually, but it doesn't
seems to be created automatically by the replication process.

The question is: Can FDS deal with OU replication with Active Directory?

Thanks in advance

--
Lic. Christian A. Rodriguez