[Fedora-directory-users] Migrating RHEL users to Directory Server

Joel Heenan jheenan at fairfaxmedia.com.au
Mon Dec 31 03:25:21 UTC 2007

Ok then so from my reading a bit more into how the Linux MD5 sum is
calculated it seems that because it includes a salt and is otherwise
mangled what I'm attempting to do is impossible and I'll need to get
users to set passwords manually. Is this correct?

I was hoping that I could take the Linux PAM MD5 and plonk it inside
Directory Server but this doesn't seem possible. Unless there is some
plugin designed for this that understands Linux MD5?

Thanks

Joel