[Fedora-directory-users] Admin console's default view is empty

Noriko Hosoi nhosoi at redhat.com
Fri Feb 2 20:36:22 UTC 2007

Thanks for the output.  It looks the Admin Server is thinking the rdn is
"ou=duraflex.com.sv" and the Directory Server "ou=duraflex".  It may
work if you change one side to match the other, but it could cause some
other mismatches.  The safest way to recover should be dump your
contents into an LDIF file (you may need to store schema files somewhere
in the safe place if you added or modified.)  Install a fresh FDS and
import the LDIF file onto the FDS...
> I suspect this may have happened when I imported a backed up database
> from a crashed DS into the new server. The backup might have contained a
> different RDN than the fresh install.
>
> How can I make sure, and if so, how should I fix it?
That'd explain the current status...  "A backed up database" is made by
db2bak or db2ldif?  If it is from db2bak, it contains the entire
database including the config data (o=netscaperoot tree).  The data is
not supposed to restore onto the other DS instance (unless everything is
identical).  Again, the safest way is to run db2ldif against the backend
which contains your entries (e.g., userRoot) to create an LDIF file.
Install a new server, then import the LDIF file by ldif2db.
--noriko