[Fedora-directory-users] replica multi-master, clock skew and /etc/ntp.conf

Eddie C edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:42:08 UTC 2007

VMWare suggests you do NOT run NTP on the guest OS, only the master. You do
not need your own ntp server to run ntp.

If you go to the VMWare site and forums there are many discussions on clock
scew.

The way VMware virtualzes the system plays total havoc on the clocks. They
might count slow or really fast, or jump forward and backwards.

Also your terminology is confusing 'dom0' is a XEN thing ' guest os' is a
vmware thing. It is hard to tell which product you are using.

If you are using VMware and the clock is slow or jumping around refer to my
first post. If you are XEN I can not help much.