[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Server connecting to two Directory Servers within the same domain

Joel Heenan jheenan at fairfax.com.au
Fri Jul 6 04:54:19 UTC 2007

Hey,

I have successfully setup multi-master replication between two servers
using SSL. Life is good.

I would like to have a single Administration server that connects to
both Directory Servers. Seems to make more sense than running one Admin
server per Directory Server instance.

I can't work out how I can add two Directory Servers who have the same
domain. When I open the Admin Server console it has the domain
"blah.example.com" which includes an IP address and port. I can add
another domain but both servers are managing the same domain. I couldn't
see an easy way to add another server, I poked around trying to do this
behind the scenes in the Directory Server backend and I got another IP
address and server group to appear but it seems that ip address (the one
shown with the computer icon) is only cosmetic and the real IP address
it uses to connect is the one in the domain.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Guide you can point me to?

Thanks
--
Joel

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this e-mail in error please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail or telephone and delete all copies. Fairfax does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. Internet communications are not secure, therefore Fairfax does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.