[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Server connecting to two Directory Servers within the same domain

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Jul 6 14:14:54 UTC 2007

Joel Heenan wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have successfully setup multi-master replication between two servers
> using SSL. Life is good.
>
> I would like to have a single Administration server that connects to
> both Directory Servers. Seems to make more sense than running one Admin
> server per Directory Server instance.

How did you create your directory server instances?  Usually the first
one you create is your Configuration Directory Server, the one the
console uses as sort of a network registry (the o=NetscapeRoot suffix).
Subsequent directory server instance creation should use this one
instead of creating a new Config DS.  The setup program should give you
these options.