[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Server connecting to two Directory Servers within the same domain

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Jul 9 15:44:14 UTC 2007

Joel Heenan wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 00:14 +1000, Richard Megginson wrote:
>

>> How did you create your directory server instances?  Usually the first
>> one you create is your Configuration Directory Server, the one the
>> console uses as sort of a network registry (the o=NetscapeRoot suffix).
>> Subsequent directory server instance creation should use this one
>> instead of creating a new Config DS.  The setup program should give you
>> these options.
>>

> Oh ok I made a mistake during the setup process then.
>
> Anyway to change this after the fact? Setting up SSL replication was
> very difficult.

It's probably going to be more difficult to register the servers after
the fact with the console.  However, if you are really determined to do
it this way, I suggest you start first by hacking on some perl scripts
in CVS head - adminserver/admserv/newinst/src/register_servers.pl -
you'll need the new perl modules from Fedora DS CVS head, adminutil, and
adminserver also from CVS head.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Developers