[Fedora-directory-users] add new customer to Quickbooks from Directory Server

Darren Fulton - CTI dfulton at concepttechnologyinc.com
Tue Jul 10 15:44:29 UTC 2007

Disclaimer:  Shot in the dark and possibly off-topic.

Situation:  We add client contacts to our Fedora Directory Server.  The
billing department has to also manually add client contacts into
Quickbooks to generate bills and such.

Goal:  Make it so the client contacts only have to be manually added
into only one system.

Proposed Solutions:  Make Quickbooks look for clients in the directory
_or_ create a simple way to export from the directory client contact
info (I think Quickbooks uses an IIF file).  [BTW, wouldn't it be cool
if there was a link in Directory Express web app to generate this like
the vCard link?]

Question for List:
Has anybody had any experience getting either of these done that they
would like to share?

Final Disclaimer:  Google searches revealed one or more commercial
third-party applications that allow Quickbooks to "integrate" with
LDAP.  A quick look at these programs didn't impress me, but I have
_not_ tested them.  Google searches also revealed a Finance::IIF perl
module that I will keep in mind.  Thank you for any input.

--
Best Regards,

Darren Fulton
Concept Technology, Inc.