[Fedora-directory-users] disallow_pw_change_aci problem

Omer Faruk Sen ofsen at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 14:03:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have installed fedora-ds 1.0.4 to Fedora 6 server. I am trying to install mail ldap cluster. I have added a domain like dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com and added a virtual domain like ou=virtdomain.com,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com after adding a user like:

uid=user,ou=virtdomain.com,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com

and changing its password gives me that error:

aci: (targetattr = "userPassword") ( version 3.0; acl "disallow_pw_change_aci"; deny (write ) userdn = "ldap:///self";)

I have read http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/acl.html and added an aci like:

aci: (targetattr="userPassword || homePhone ||
homePostalAddress") (version 3.0; acl "Write my.domain.com"; allow
(write) userdn= "ldap:///self";)

for ou=virtdomain.com,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com

But I still get aci: (targetattr = "userPassword") ( version 3.0; acl "disallow_pw_change_aci"; deny (write ) userdn = "ldap:///self";)

error. How can I disable disallow_pw_change aci  since I couldn't find this aci anywhere using directory admin gui.

By the way I think this comes from userRoot database. But I can't find a place to disable disallow_pw_change

Best Regards,