[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora Core 7 and FDS

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jul 12 20:58:50 UTC 2007

Dennis Crissman wrote:
> I want to run Fedora Directory Server on FC7. I see an install on the
> website for FC6... but nothing for FC7. Where can I get the install
> files that are compatible with FC7?
You should be able to run the FC6 binaries on FC7.

> Also, it was not recommended to use yum to install FDS for FC6, is that
> still true for FC7?
The current package in yum is fedora-ds-base, a pre-release of 1.1 that
does not include admin server or console.  If you want admin server and
console, you will have to use FDS 1.0.4.

> Finally, if I wanted to install FDS on another Linux distro, say Ubuntu
> (I am playing with multiple variations for a project), are there any
> install packages for them?
No.
> Or can I just install the most recent FDS
> version?

The upcoming 1.1 should be much easier to port to these other platforms.

For 1.0.4 - http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:DebianUbuntu
and http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:GentooDsbuildInstallation