[Fedora-directory-users] Performance

Vampire D vampired at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:40:50 UTC 2007

We will not be using LDAP in the traditional sense.

Instead of authentication, we will be using it to perform lookups upon
incoming mail.
We plan on having tens of thousands of email addresses stored in LDAP, every
message that comes in is verified via LDAP that it is allowed, and then it
is processed by our system.  We plan on caching entries (positive and
negative) for 24 hours, so as long as the look up has been done in the last
24 hours and the 1M record cache isn't exhausted it will not perform a look
up.  This should cut down a lot of the demand.  Initially we are looking at
about 100k lookups an hour, as we expand the service that can go up by
50-100k at a time.