[Fedora-directory-users] rpm -e behavior

Noriko Hosoi nhosoi at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 22:29:31 UTC 2007

Hello, fedora-directory-users list;

We are working on the setup and clean-up code in the next version:
(please see also
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/New_Setup_Design).  I'd like to
have your thoughts on the behavior when you run "rpm -e fedora-ds".  The
previous version cleaned up all the binaries and instances but the
certificate and key dbs.
# ls alias
secmod.db               slapd-ID-key3.db      slapd-ID-cert8.db

Do we want to leave them untouched on the next version, as well?  How
about other files such as ldif files or backup files?  Or do we want to
remove all the fedora-ds related files?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

--noriko