[Fedora-directory-users] Another LDAP crashing question

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 17:50:43 UTC 2007

Joe Sheehan wrote:
> Sorry to bother everyone but can anyone tell me where I can get more
> information
> on the following error. Thanks
>
> Sometimes are ns-slapd process dies.
> Here is the entry in the /opt/fedora-ds/nodename/logs/errors file
>
> [date time] get_ldapmessage_controls failed 12 (Unavailable critical
> extension) (op=Abandon)
Looks like some client is sending the LDAP Abandon operation with one or
more controls attached, and one or more of them is marked Critical, and
either one of the controls is not supported by Fedora DS, or is not
supported for this particular operation.

What is your OS and Fedora DS version?  Could you help us track down the
client?  Is there any information about this request in the access log?