[Fedora-directory-users] Unlimited line width for ldapsearch

Wilmer Jaramillo M. wilmer at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 30 18:26:53 UTC 2007

On 7/30/07, Howard Wilkinson <howard at cohtech.com> wrote:

>  Wilmer Jaramillo M. wrote:
>    I found that ../shared/bin/ldasearch only show a output of 76 chars
> per line, and manual page not described how be longer the output, i
> want set the line-width used to implement filter in long strings 'OU'
> in perl scripts. Also i found a very simple patch for ldapsearch of
> openldap tools in:
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-bugs/199912/msg00099.html
> openldap it does not have support still.
>
> Probably some method of Net::LDAP can do it, I'm investigating a
> module or regex that can help me in this, any suggestion? thanks.
>
>   Take a look at Net::LDAP::LDIF an option to new is called 'wrap' which is normally set to 78 (one space, 76 printing characters, and the newline for continuation lines) this should give you what you want.

I'm looking to replace  the following query to a Windows ADS for a
Perl sintax because the output is limited for line-width:
my $ldapsearch = "(ldapsearch - x - H ldap: To //$adserver - D "to
$aduser" - w $adpass - s sub - b "$baseDN"" (cn=*) '| grep - i "ou=" |
cut - d, - F2 | grep - v - i "CN= " | uniq)`

I want search in the directory for all entries firts level
OrganizationalUnit (ou) just now I'm using Mozilla::LDAP::Conn with
very good results, nevertheless, the searches are very slow, anyway
that just do right what I need, according to man:

use Mozilla::LDAP::Conn;
$conn = new Mozilla::LDAP::Conn($adserver,$adport,$aduser,$adpass);
die "LDAP not connect $adserver" unless ($conn);

&org_unit($baseDN);
exit(0);

sub org_unit()
{
my ($entry, $dn, $scope, $filter, $dn) = "";
my (@ouDN, @attrs) = ();

  @attrs = ( "ou" );
  $scope = "sub";
  $filter = "(ou=*)";

# Busca en el directorio las entradas ous
$entry = $conn->search($baseDN, $scope, $filter, 0, @attrs);
$cld = $conn->getLD();
$res = $conn->getRes();
$count = Mozilla::LDAP::API::ldap_count_entries($cld, $res);
while ($entry) {
        # Coloca en un array cada entrada DN
        $ouDN = $entry->getDN();
        push (@ouDN,$dn);
        print "$dn\n";
        $entry = $conn->nextEntry();
}
foreach $dn (@ouDNS)
 {
    &org_unit($dn)
 }
}

thanks for all.
--
Wilmer Jaramillo M.
GPG Key Fingerprint = 0666 D0D3 24CE 8935 9C24 BBF1 87DD BEA2 A4B2 1E8A