[Fedora-directory-users] problem with ldapsearch

Jazcek Braden jazcek at scs.fsu.edu
Mon Nov 5 13:59:32 UTC 2007

Are you searching anonymously?  You need to bind as someone with
permission to view the password entry (userPassword attribute), the
default ACI's set this to the directory manager and i believe self.

An example would be
ldapsearch -x -LLL -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w password uid=somebody

puestadelsol83 wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a problem with ldapsearch -x command!
> I'm not able to see all the attribute of my user,in particular his password(the hash of password).
> The problem is ACL or ACI set. What I must modify?
> Thanks!

Jazcek Braden
System Administrator
431 Dirac Science Library