[Fedora-directory-users] libnss_ldap-2.5.0.so update breaks admin server.

Brian T. Roy b.t.roy at brianandkelly.ws
Wed Nov 7 17:09:26 UTC 2007

Admin server began having child process seg faults after my box
updated to libnss_ldap-2.5.so

I know this is the culprit as I've tracked down (using strace) the seg
fault to the use of libnss_ldap.so.2

I grabed libnss_ldap-2.4.90.so from another system which had not
updated and re-sym linked libnss_ldap.so.2 back to
libnss_ldap-2.4.90.so and now Admin Server runs fine... however...

All LDAP auth on the server is now broken. Anyone found a real fix for
this... as of now I've created a script to swap the symlinks allowing
me to run the Admin Server and the Directory Console - and another
script which allows me to swap the symlink back to libnss_ldap-2.5.so
to re-enable ldap auth. Needless to say this is a significant pain in
the...

Any suggestions?

Brian T. Roy
b.t.roy at brianandkelly.ws

Visit my blog @: http://briantroy.com/blog

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing
you will make one.
— Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915), The Note Book